News: Popcorn Popping, an online magazine for Mormon narrative art, launches
Popcorn Popping, a new online magazine for Mormon narrative art, has posted its first issue. It feature a short story by AMV's very own S.P. Bailey and a personal essay by Rosalynde Welch.
Oh, and, I'm one of the editors.
I'll let AMV readers wander over there and see what it's all about, but let me just say three things:
1. Popcorn Popping is actually doing quite well in terms of having enough content, but we still welcome submissions so send something in and spread the word.
2. I strongly believe that criticism has a crucial role to play in the continued development of the Mormon arts scene/body of work. I encourage all Popcorn Popping contributors (and future contributors) to read AMV regularly and let some of the critical ideas that are explored here inform your work.
3. I'm sorry that I've neglected AMV a bit of late. The reasons why should now be clear. I do plan on making a major AMV effort (in terms of posting and redesigning the site) in two-three weeks.
Thanks.





<< Home