10.04.2004

Pop: Mormons are très Canadian

The October 2004 issue of In Focus (a publication of the National Association of Theatre Owners [hey! Trade mags are ultra-hip so you can keep the snide comments to yourself]) features an interview with South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone. The interview ends with this exchange:

"Between "Orgazmo" and the "South Park" Mormon episode, do you fear layovers in Utah?

MATT: No. Mormons love us. Not all Mormons, but Mormons love it. They're like Canadians —- they just like being paid attention to.

I am fascinated by Mormonism, and I think we’ll probably end up doing a movie or something about Mormonism, because it's just too good. It's too funny."

Yes, I admit it. I do indeed yearn for the attention of Messrs. Stone and Parker. Because I'm too good, and too funny, and darn it I deserve a marionette of my own.

My thanks to Clark Goble of Mormon Metaphysics for the link.

ALSO: I have no comment on the whole Canadian comparison.